Sunday 29 August 2010

Life Update

yo whaddap

Haven't been playing much since April as I got promoted and had to take a financial qualification exam in June. Now that the exam's over and the promotion has gone fine, I'll be having more time to play. I've been getting back in playing 4-8 tables of 100nl, mainly cos I'm a bankroll nit and had to withdraw some spending money.

I've realised RB is same for 8 tabling as 4 tables of rush. So I've been playing a lot of RUSH. And it's been amazing.













As you can see, I'm still below EV! but it's cool as I've kinda run well too.

But I've realised I'm playing much better and picking better spots to cbet or spots where I should give up. Also, I've discovered spots where I can exploit capped ranges and fuck with people's heads when I have a nut hand by super polarising my range to get them to herocall.

One of the examples was this one:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com



CO ($100)

Button ($116.45)

SB ($89.20)

BB ($154)

UTG ($287.05)

Hero (MP) ($154.40)



Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, Q

UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3, 4 folds



Flop: ($7.50) 5, 2, Q (2 players)

UTG checks, Hero bets $6, UTG calls $6



Turn: ($19.50) 2 (2 players)

UTG checks, Hero bets $14, UTG calls $14



River: ($47.50) 5 (2 players)

UTG checks, Hero bets $60, UTG calls $60



Total pot: $167.50 | Rake: $3



Results:

UTG had 3, A (two pair, fives and twos).

Hero had Q, Q (full house, Queens over fives).

Outcome: Hero won $164.50


Another thing that's clicked for me is when players do things when they polarise their range either through their betting size or pattern and a very weak holding that I have can be equivalent to a much stronger looking hand:
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com



Button ($72.75)

Hero (SB) ($128)

BB ($103.15)

UTG ($113.75)

MP ($494.75)

CO ($120.95)



Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A

4 folds, Hero bets $4, BB calls $3



Flop: ($8) 2, 9, 5 (2 players)

Hero bets $5, BB calls $5



Turn: ($18) 9 (2 players)

Hero checks, BB bets $10, Hero calls $10



River: ($38) 7 (2 players)

Hero checks, BB bets $30, Hero calls $30



Total pot: $98 | Rake: $3



Results:

Hero had K, A (one pair, nines).

BB had Q, 10 (one pair, nines).

Outcome: Hero won $95


In this hand, it's bvb and villain flats flop bets turn. As I feel he can be floating this flop quite often I call turn with AK. On the river, his sizing and betting pattern polarises his hand to 9x/22/55/77 and a ton of air that floated so my hand turns into AA and can comfortably snap off his bluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment